STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
|TOPS BULLETIN NUMBER:||T2001- 15|
|DATE ISSUED:||September 4, 2001|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||As Indicated|
Louisiana Technical College Chancellors, Financial Aid Offices, Business Offices, Registrars and Auditors, System Governance, Board of Regents, Department of Education, Louisiana Officials, Louisiana Legislators, and Commission Members
Programming Changes for TOPS Awards at Louisiana Technical Colleges due to Conversion from Terms to Semesters
To assure that your Scholarship and Grant Policy and Procedure Manual remains current, please record this document on your TOPS Bulletin index and retain it with your manual.
LOSFA has been notified that effective with the Fall Semester 2001, the campuses of Louisiana Technical College will operate all programs on a Semester rather than a Term schedule. Reporting Semesters rather than Terms for TOPS will require the following:
1. The term designator to TOPS Payment Requests and TOPS Grade Reports must be reported as "S" rather than "T". (Ex: 1S2002 rather than 1T2002).
- Fall 2001 = 1S2002
- Spring 2002 = 2S2002
- Summer 2002 = 3S2002
2. Any transactions for prior years (2001, 1999, etc) should remain "T" designations.
3. The Maximum Tuition Amount that will be paid by TOPS for a student enrolled in the LTC is $525 per semester. Summer will remain at $350.
4. Students enrolled in credit hour programs must be enrolled in at least 12 hours at the end of the 14th class day to be considered full-time for TOPS payment. Clock hour students must be enrolled in the clock-hour equivalent of 12 credit hours (as determined by the school) at the end of the 14th class day to be considered full-time for TOPS payment. For summer (3S) enrollment, full time is determined by the program's definition of full-time for that term and is determined by the student's enrollment at the end of the 1st class day.
5. A cumulative GPA of 2.50 is still the requirement for continuation on a TOPS Tech Award, and must be reported at the end of the academic year (conclusion of spring semester).
Please contact John Bell, TOPS Billing Manager at 1-800-259-5626, extension 1012, or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.