The purpose of this program is to provide a need-based component to the state's financial aid plan to support nontraditional and low to moderate-income students who need additional aid to afford the cost of attending college.
To be eligible for Louisiana GO Grant, a student must:
- Be a Louisiana Resident;*
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Receive a federal Pell grant;
- Have remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid ("gift aid") from student's Cost of Attendance (COA);
- Be a student enrolled in an eligible Louisiana institution on at least a half-time basis (minimum 6 hours at semester school or 4 hours at a quarter school).
Award Amounts **
Award amounts to eligible students are based on the institution's allocation and their packaging policy. Awards may vary with each academic year. Awards will not be paid for summers sessions, quarters or terms.
Maximum and minimum annual award amounts for the current Academic Year:
- Minimum Annual Award $300
- Maximum Annual Award $3,000
- Must file a FAFSA or the Renewal FAFSA at least annually;
- Continue to receive a Federal Pell Grant;
- Have remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid ("gift aid") from student's Cost of Attendance (COA).
- The Award can be renewed for subsequent years to a maximum lifetime award that correlates to that of the Federal Pell Grant.
* Residency: Louisiana resident as of the day the FAFSA is filed and Louisiana is the student's true and fixed domicile as reported on the FAFSA. If student's state of residence on the FAFSA is not reported as LA, but a dependent student claims that a non-custodial parent is a Louisiana resident, or that parents are Louisiana residents living out of state, LOSFA will determine residency based on the completion, by the parents, of a residency affidavit.
** Students should check with the financial aid office at the school they plan to attend regarding policy on award calculation and distribution.
Write LOSFA at:
P.O. Box 91202
Baton Rouge, LA 70820-9202